Market Development Representative
The Market Development Representative is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Sales departments through lead generation. This includes qualification of all inbound and outbound leads via the phone, web, email, corporate events and direct mail campaigns. The Market Development Representative is also responsible for event support and proactive lead generation. The Market Development reps reports to the Market Development Manager.
- Proactively call into accounts on targeted lists by utilizing and maintaining corporate database. Qualify inbound and outbound leads.
- Participate in the first 1-2 months of the sales cycle by building relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts, identifying their project needs and business issues and conducting individual needs analysis.
- Overcome objections and effectively communicate Concur's value propositions to key decision makers regarding appropriate Concur product offerings.
- Build a business case based on information obtained from targeted accounts to support the value proposition of Concur products.
- Transfer solid leads to appropriate Account Executive for follow-up and formal sales presentation.
- Maintain strong relationship with sales team through clear communication and follow-up.
- Maintain up to date and extensive knowledge on all Concur product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings and marketing materials.
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor's product offerings.
- Achieve quarterly lead generation goals set by sales and marketing management.
- Actively participate in the innovation of new techniques and strategies for securing new accounts.
- Participate on projects teams as needed to support Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- Operates under supervision with frequent reviews of work.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Position RequirementsEducation, Experience & Training required:
- BA or equivalent in Marketing & Business
- 2+ years experience with customer service, inbound and outbound telesales, or market development activities.
- Speak fluent Cantonese, English & Mandarin.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and have high energy.
- Must be motivated by cold calling, asking probing questions and gathering information.
- Must be a team player with strong initiative, excellent PC skills and ability to quickly build extensive knowledge of Concur's product offerings and that of competitors.
- Must be able to process information gathered quickly and effectively to overcome objections.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to work aggressively to meet customer and marketing/sales driven deadlines.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of 'Leadership through innovation in everything we do'. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value 'Personal and corporate integrity' are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.